To assist in the provision of information to people affected by or at risk of being affected by depression at Primary Care and Community Level
Your activities may include
• Identifying and targeting a range of suitable local outlets for information about depression Aware Defeat Depression e.g. GP’s, Practice Nurses, Practice Managers, Pharmacies, Libraries, Advice and Day Centres, Social Security Offices etc.
Ensuring the supply of up-to-date and relevant information to such outlets and services
• Liaising with health professionals and other staff at the outlets with regard to the service you provide and the needs of the outlet.
• Representing and promoting the organisation e.g. at exhibitions, information days and health fairs
• Raising awareness of the needs of people affected by depression
• Delivering standard presentations to local community groups ( this will not be required of all volunteers)
• To keep accurate records of work and provide copies to your supervisor along with a personal expenses claim form.
• Commitment to keep up-to-date with resources and services provided by Aware Defeat Depression
• To attend support & supervision sessions and training events as requested