Fundraiser/Fundraising Group Organiser (Guide Dogs NI)
Throughout Northern Ireland
Fundraising groups organise events through out the year
What does the role involve?
• Working as part of Guide Dogs’ fundraising team with staff and volunteers
• Coordinating your branch in raising money through events or other activities, delegating tasks to other volunteers in your team as required, for example booking venues for events
• Welcoming new members
• Keeping the local Community Fundraiser informed of your group’s work and the people involved
• Making sure your group follows policy and procedure when fundraising
• Being a passionate local ambassador for Guide Dogs’ work
• Branch Chairs only: lead a branch with a constitution and should hold an AGM
What skills or experience are required?
• Able to generate enthusiasm
• Good communication and team-working skills
• Able to coordinate a group of people
What will I get out of it?
• Sense of satisfaction in seeing donations generated
• Work with a group of committed and passionate people
Support Guide Dogs to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that enable blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
What support or training will I get?
• Regular and ongoing advice and support from Guide Dogs
• Resources to support fundraising, such as stock to sell
• Payment of out of pocket expenses
• Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
PreviousRegister your interest